Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Flawless pregnancy is over!!

Well, this Monday morning I woke up to the ability to only operate half of my face. I could not blink or press my lips together to smear the lipgloss I had just applied. What the hell is going on here....So I called the Dr. when I got to work and low and behold I have Bell's Palsy (a mild case but still!). My Dr. said she has seen it 20 time in the last 5 years.

We have a friend that had it after her twins were born and it went away. I have been told that it is mostly temporary. My Dr. sent me to have blood work (which came back normal) and then to a neurologist. All of this was completed on Monday. I will need an MRI after AWE arrives. This should rule out any other issues that I may have.

I have faith that it will go away as soon as he arrives. I think he is just sitting funny on a nerve or something. Not pain is associated with this, just talking out of the side of my mouth and crying out of one eye. My eye is unable to close all the way so it tears up a lot and appears that I am crying. I have to wear a patch at night to keep it closed all the way.

When I went to the Dr. Monday she checked the baby and he is fine. Its just me that looks funny at the moment (maybe even up to 12 weeks).

Feel free to search Bell's Palsy if you want to know more. My next baby appt is Thrs at 3:45pm and then again on 7/31 at 9am. I will get an MRI on 10/1 for the Bell's issue.

1 comment:

Ruby said...

That sucks. Flat out.

But not too long until AWE is here (and it's over)!