I had a blast last night! My friend and co-worker Rob and his wife Jenn came over. The porch was decorated just right and Rob volunteered to act as a stuffed man sitting on my porch bench. It was freakin awesome. Kids and adults were terrified. They would not even come close to the porch because they could see him dressed in solid black and thought he might be real but hen again he could be fake. Needless to say, EVERY person that came to the door fell and fell hard for the "monster" on the bench. He scared the #$%* out of every single one. He brought some to tears. If they got really scared and started to walk away he would get up and walk after them. At that point they ran like the 8 year olds they are down the street missing out and all the candy I had waiting. I they stuck around I would open the door dressed as the ugliest witch ever and scare them even more. With my best witch voice I would say.."Welcome to Brookshire Cemetery". Some would run away and some would stand there and shiver. That's just what I wanted. To scare the piss out of the neighborhood, to be "that" house that kids remember forever.
I can't recreate the the moment but here is a list of everything I had set up and some photos. First a flashing strobe light going through the house. Scary music playing on the porch. A bakers rack with 4 light up skulls, 2 candles stuck in wine bottles (they are white but melt red), a pumpkin carved to look like a witch and other random creepy items. The giant 2 1/2 foot spider, a walking hand on the ground, a spider that drops down when you approach, hanging orange glow sticks from the ceiling, spider webs strung up everywhere so it was impossible to walk up without getting stuck in them, 2 real pumpkins carved with creepy faces, a scary figure on the front door that moved up and down as you get closer, a full skeleton in the yard with a head stone, a leg cut off from the knee down sticking out of the ground in front of another head stone, and escaped convict from the waist up coming out of the ground, cob webs throughout the shrubbery, beware of the night sign AND and animated headstone that opens up with a head popping out and a creepy laugh and a scream as you get close to it.
Next year I should post a sign that says enter at your own risk. I told Rusty (who was an excellent sport) that I wanted to make the house haunted next year and have people walk through it. I would start planning now if he agreed. Now for the photos. Trust me you can't even get the full effect with out being here. You are all invited next year. Mwwaahhhhhhh.
3 comments:
Well! I think the Jaycee's Haunted House left it's mark on you! They would be proud! I'd re-think having people going through your house. If someone falls, I smell a law suit! Great job, though! I'm sure you will be remembered in someone's memory!
Holy shit, your house was done up right! I hope you didn't have any little little ones like Miss E coming around... I don't think I would have let her come up to see scary Aunt Sissy!
That would explain why you end up with so much Halloween candy!
Post a Comment