On Sunday 8/24 (2 weeks ago already) I started having pains during a really neat show on tv about roller coasters/water parks across America. This was around 10:30am and 11am. These pains were not consistent YET. I told Rusty and we kept note of how often they came about.
Getting closer and closer they were and then I noticed some bleeding..?? Uh oh. I called the Dr. and he said that was a good thing and that means he was moving into position. This went on until 6:30pm and I told Rusty the I could not take it any more. I wanted to go to the hospital. Rusty wanted to wait until my contractions were 5 minutes apart like the Dr. said. I could not wait! If I was being to anxious then the hospital would send me home and we would go from there. Rusty got my bags together and off we went.
We checked in and went to the 3rd floor where upon examination...4cm dilated (this was at 7:30pm)!! I knew it. Bring on came the pain meds! That took longer than I wanted but they did come none the less and I liked it! So, next step, get ready to push. I had dilated pretty quickly to 10cm. It was then time to push. So I did, and pushed some more, and more for close to an hour. Dr. Thompson was not there yet but the great nurses were coaching me through it all. Rusty, by my side reminding me to breath (I kept forgetting to do that!)
While I pushed poor Anderson was not traveling down the canal they way he should have. Dr. Thompson arrived and he had me push a few more times and then said the magic words...."Marisa, you can do this for 1-2 more hours or we can have a c-section. He is not moving down like he should." I agreed to have a c-section. A few minutes later more drugs came my way and then off to the operating room we went.
Moments later on 8/25 Anderson William Estes arrived. You can see his head is oddly shaped because I pushed him somewhat into a tight spot that he was not going to fit through. His head is not cone shaped anymore. Yay!!
The majority of the family was at the hospital at 2:30am when he was brought to the room and everyone passed him around and took pictures with him. The rest of the crew arrived shortly there after and we all celebrated with the most precious gift Rusty and I have ever been given. A beautiful baby boy who we continue to love more and more each day.
If you are wondering his stats were 8lbs 12oz - 21inches long!! He arrived shortly after 1am on 8/25 (4 months until Christmas-Grandaddy)
We were released from hospital on 8/28 and brought him home that afternoon. I had some great help from my mom, Rusty's mom, my neighbors, my sister!! and of course Rusty and many others. Thank you all of everything. He has been a great baby thus far and I hope it continues.
1 comment:
He is sweet as pie and looks like you, so far!
Post a Comment