Lately I have been yearning to be somewhere HOT. Like the place you see here. It was 80 degrees 3 days ago in Athens and that's probably what brought it on. So...
I listened to some of my fav-o-rite Jimmy B while doing all that vacuuming you have read about and it made me want to escape. One of the songs is called King of somewhere hot. He sings of being in Jamaica and hearing his song being played by a local band. He felt like the king and it was hot. Hence the title. Jimmy's song are never really complicated.
For example: Math Sucks, Fruitcake, Margaritaville, One Particular Harbor and Pre-You. Pretty simple songs that are all easy to understand just by the title.
I love this music and I love this quote as well: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. A sleeping bag under a bridge by the canal is still waterfront property"- Jimmy Buffett.
SO if your dreaming of being somewhere hot while its 35 degrees on Easter just play your favorite escape music. That's what I did. I made Margaritas (frozen this time), vacuumed to Jimmy B and dreamed of somewhere HOT. It worked if only for an hour.
3 comments:
That is the most "marisa" thing I have heard from you in awhile! I can see you now...
I know what you mean. Something about JB, the beach and a tasty margarita...I miss it too! There is truly nothing like it in the world. "you want to go back to the island"
I think drinking Margarita's while doing housework is an excellent idea! I've cranked up the tunes before but now I'll have to add the libation! Attitude adjustment -here I come!!!
Take me with you!!
Post a Comment